Discover Amsterdam on a tour with a local guide
- €25 (includes VAT, a small snack and boat rental)
- 2 hours
- English-speaking, local guide
Experience Amsterdam in one of the coolest ways by foot and boat! Starting with a short walk in the most quaint areas of the city, you will get a feel of old Amsterdam. And what would a trip to Amsterdam be without going on a boat? Step aboard our open boat and discover the city like a local. Personally, we find a boat tour the most fun and relaxing way to enjoy the city.
What we offer
We start our tour at the Haarlemmerpoort, one of the last remaining gates in and out of the city. From there, it’s only a 5 minute stroll to one of the city’s most undiscovered areas with some of its most iconic buildings. As the area is surround by water, we could even go for a short swim – weather allowing.
Next, our boat will pick us up to show the most beautiful canals of Amsterdam. We sail through the quiet canals, pass several drawbridges, lots of canal houses, the old harbor and even an old pirate Radio Station.
While cruising we will tell you about the Amsterdam history and our Dutch traditions. We will also give a recommendations for places to visit at the rest of your stay.
Where we will be
- We start and end at Haarlemmerpoort – easy to access by public transit
- Quaint Prinseneiland with some of oldest warehouses in the city
- The old ‘wood harbor‘ of Amsterdam
- Walk over traditional drawbridges
- Pass the kitschy Western Church, right next to the Anne Frank house
- Lots and lots of stunning photo opportunities so you will become instafamous!
The guides start their day with a sun dance, but in case of rain, please bring an umbrella and poncho so we can still enjoy the tour. Also, a good meal before the tour will make it a lot more enjoyable!